Follow these steps to get the latest versions of Adobe software, such as Adobe Creative Cloud (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc), at JWU student-discounted monthly pricing:
- Go to JWU's software Center and read the introduction.
- Click “Start Shopping.”
- Click “Register.”
- Enter your Wildcat email address: email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Click the link in the email.
- Enter your Wildcat email address to verify your address.
- Click “Student.”
- Select “Adobe.”
- Select “Adobe Creative Cloud.”
- Click “Add to Cart.”
- Click “Check Out.”
- Enter your payment information and complete your order.
Things to Know
Personal Use Only
You can only install this software on your personal, non-JWU computer.
You can download Adobe twice - but you can only install it once.
Pricing Subject to Change
From time to time, Adobe runs special promotions; Prices listed on their web store will reflect current offers.
Get FREE Office 365 ProPlus Student Advantage from Microsoft, and gain valuable skills using the latest version of the full Office suite, the world's most popular productivity software, including:
$400 Value - for FREE!
If you are a student at JWU, Get Microsoft Office 365 for free.
Install on 5 Computers
Install on up to 5 personal, PC or Mac computers - plus 5 tablets!
Sync Between Devices
Use O365 with OneDrive for automatic device syncing.
First, read this important Microsoft information:
When you graduate, your O365 subscription through JWU ends. You may enroll into other available consumer or commercial offers. If you have JWU's Office 365 subscription, you should make sure to transfer all your files from your JWU account to your personal OneDrive prior to graduation.
Student Advantage does not replace the Office 365 institution product or Office Home & Student. Office 365 will continue to be sold to enable students that do not take advantage of, or qualify for, the free Student Advantage offer and likewise for the Office 365 Home Premium offer.
You cannot receive credit and/or compensation if you recently purchased Office and are eligible for Student Advantage through JWU. The Office you purchased is a consumer offering, and you can continue to take advantage of the purchased offer.
It is OK to install Office 365 ProPlus even if you have Office already installed on your computer. The office client supports having both an Office 365 personal account (used when you signed up for Office 365) and a school account (login provided by your school), students will be able to remain signed in with both. Office install will have both your personal and institution ID associated with it after the installation.
Office 2013 and Office 365 ProPlus are exactly the same, with some differences such as patching, license sign-in for usage, and Click-to-run (C2R) technology for rapid installs (2 minutes for quick usage).
Follow these steps:
2. Enter your wildcat email address then Click “Get started"
3. Enter your JWU O365 username
- If your JWU username is abc123, your JWU O365 username is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your JWU O365 username looks like an email address, but it does not function as one. It is how Microsoft's identifies your account as part of JWU, and is requested to keep your account active and for any tablet apps.
- Your JWU O365 password is the same as your JWU password.
4. Follow the onscreen instructions to download.
5. On the installation page, select your language.
6. Click "Install."
Follow these steps to download Symantec anti-virus software for FREE for both Windows and Mac computers. You are responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the anti-virus software.
- Make sure you do NOT have anti-virus software installed. Only download this software if you do note have any type of anti-virus software.
- While on campus, login to jwuLink.
- Click "Services."
- Below "Technology," select your operating system to download the license agreement.
- Read the release notes.
- Accept the license agreement and begin installing the software.
- Read the installation instructions before you install.
Windows 7 and above are supported by JWU.
As a service to its students, Johnson & Wales University is making the Symantec anti-virus software available. Please note, however, that THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Use of the Symantec software is at the sole risk of the user and in no event will Johnson & Wales University, its employees or agents, be liable for any loss or damage including incidental or consequential damages, that may be suffered or incurred by any user in connection with the use of the Symantec anti-virus software, including, without limitation, any loss of data or interference with files. For Windows 98, ME & XP, Johnson & Wales does not provide support for the anti-virus software; Symantec offers pay-for-support.
Update for Macs
Follow these steps to install the latest application Symantec updates and virus definitions for your Mac computer:
- On your desktop's menu bar, click the Symantec logo.
- Select "LiveUpdate."
- Select "Open LiveUpdate."
- Click "Update Now."
- When LiveUpdate is complete, click "Quit."
Update for Windows
Follow these steps to download and install the latest Symentec virus definitions for Windows:
- On your desktop, right-click the yellow shield at the bottom right.
- Select "Open Symantec Endpoint Protection."
- Click "LiveUpdate." Updates will automatically download and install.
- When the LiveUpdate has completed, click "Close."
Exclusive Bundles for JWU Students!
To help JWU students find discounts on recommended computer hardware, IT has negotiated educational pricing and support services with Best Buy.
JWU alumni can also take advantage of this offer.
What Do you Get?
- Best Buy delivery + installation
- Free in-store pickup
- A dedicated 1-800 number
- Geek Squad support!
There are 6 exclusive bundles: 4 computer bundles for all students, and 2 computer bundles for students in the School of Engineering & Design (and students with higher-end computer needs).
- Review the computer bundle options below, and decide which works best for you
- Call 1-888-218-9474, Mon-Fri 9am-8pm ET, Sat 10am-6pm ET
- Identify yourself as a Johnson & Wales University student
- In addition to these hardware discounts, you can easily get free and discounted software, like Microsoft Office 365 (O365), Symantec Antivirus and Adobe Creative Cloud, once you get your computer.
Geek Squad® Protection
With Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH)
- One-time battery replacement
- Dust, heat and humidity repair costs
- No-lemon Guarantee
- Monitor burn-in coverage
- Normal wear and tear repair costs
- Power surge repair costs
- Notebook and netbook uniform pixel repair
- Accidental Damage from Handling as a result of daily use like spills and drops
Geek Squad Protection plans are available at a variety of prices and coverage levels. Please refer to the actual plan terms and conditions at GeekSquad.com or see a Customer Specialist for a complete description of this plan scope and limitations of coverage. Accidental Damage from Handling covers damage as a result of unexpected and unintentional drops and spills that arise from normal usage of the product as the manufacturer intended. Abuse, misuse or fraud are not covered.
Screen size measured diagonally. Prices listed do not include sales tax.
Access free software downloads for JWU's school of Engineering & Design students.
Use appropriate link on right hand side of screen.
Click the “Accept License Agreement” button, then choose appropriate version. Download this BEFORE the Eclipse download.
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- Microsoft Direct X
- Microsoft Project Professional 2016
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2016
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- Microsoft XNA
- All Microsoft Discounts
Download the “Community Server”
Student Multiuse Computers on Campus
Read&Write software is already installed on all PCs in the computer labs, classrooms, and libraries at all campuses. We will be including it in the upcoming Mac image for the next academic year.
Faculty and Staff Installation
1. In the taskbar on the right, click on the ^ icon and then right-click on the Symantec Notification Server Icon and go to software portal
2. Double-click on the Windows - Read & Write icon to download and install the software.
Personal PC and Mac Installation
Regarding Mac and Windows, students can add either or both to their personal devices by going to our website and downloading the trial version by using the link below (click the Try Now button) on our webpage :
You sign in with Microsoft and will be directed to the JWU authentication site where you sign in with your JWU account.
Android Tablet Installation
Please install Read&Write for Android by going to the Google Play Store before clicking the link below to activate. Once Read&Write for Android has been installed on your Android tablet you will then need to activate the app. Please note, Read&Write for Android is supported for use with tablet devices only.
To activate Read&Write for Android, please click the activation link
This installation will only work on supported Android devices. See the screen shot below.
The iReadWrite app is only supported through iOS10 and will be discontinued as an iPad app.