jwuLink Login FAQs
- It's a web portal that takes our various applications (e.g. GPS, ulearn, Involvement Network, on-campus housing system, etc.) and makes them accessible via one secure login.
- It also provides news and quick links to further resources.
Who has access to jwuLink?
- Active students
- Inactive students (only those who became inactive May 2011 and after)
- Alumni (only those who graduated May 2011 and after)
- Active faculty
- Specified staff (those who access GPS, uSucceed, the Involvement Network + Admissions, Library and Safety & Security staff)
Note: These roles are based on the status of each user's Banner record.
How do new students & faculty get their login info?
- They must visit newuser.jwu.edu and complete the 5-step account setup.
- This link is available on the jwuLink login screen.
- Weekly email notices are emailed to newly deposited students based on the following schedule:
- Emails are sent to the personal address on the student's record - it may or may not be accurate & sometimes this info has not been provided.
When can new students & faculty access the new user site?
- When a new record is being created, it takes about 24-72 hours for all account creation processes to finish.
- Records must exist first in BOTH Banner and Active Directory (the system where email accounts are created).
- Student records are created in Banner when the reservation fee has been satisfied.
What steps are involved on the new user site?
- Enter J#
- Validate personal data
- Set up security questions & answers (for password resets)
- Create a password
- jwuLink user name and JWU email account are displayed
What's the personal data that gets validated on the new user site?
- Domestic student = last name, date of birth, phone number, campus, street number, 5 digit zip code
- International student = last name, date of birth, campus, passport number, nation of birth
- Faculty = last name, phone number, campus, street number, 5 digit zip code, college
What happens if personal data is missing?
- The user will get an error explaining there is missing information and to contact Student Academic Services.
- SAS will review the student's personal details (following FERPA protocols).
- If date of birth is missing, students are referred to Admissions (proper documentation must be provided).
- If passport info is missing, students are referred to International Admissions (proper documentation must be provided).
What happens if the new user keeps entering the wrong info?
- After 5 unsuccessful attempts, they get locked out from the site - users are directed to contact SAS.
- When this happens, the “PIN Disabled” box becomes checked in Banner.
- SAS will review, verify and update student record fields as necessary and then un-check the disabled box to give the user 5 new attempts.
Note: if the disabled box is checked for any user, they cannot access Banner self-service areas of jwuLink, such as grades, registration, schedule, account balance, financial aid award, etc.
What happens when the wrong login info is entered into jwuLink?
- A Failed Login message displays, indicating the wrong user name and/or password was entered.
How can a user reset their password?
- There is a password help link on the jwuLink login page.
- If they cannot remember their security answers or reset their password, they can get help from a computer lab assistant or SAS.
- Students must present proper ID or confirm FERPA identifiers.
What happens when students become inactive in Banner?
- They have a 90 day grace period with full access to Wildcat Email (exceptions: academic dismissals, academic suspensions, and judicial withdrawals).
- Their view in jwuLink changes immediately to show condensed content (they no longer get the full experience but can access key records).
What happens when students become graduated in Banner?
- They maintain full access to Wildcat Email - they have "email for life."
- Their view in jwuLink changes immediately to show a new alumni page - they maintain access to the Jobs & Internships page + the Athletics page).
Note: Wildcat Email for life began for students graduating Nov 2013 and after.