To check or change your Junk email settings, in Outlook expand the Junk button on the ribbon and select Junk E-mail Options command
Junk Email Protection:
The Junk E-mail Options are where you access your safe and blocked senders lists. Our Recommended settings for the level of junk e-mail protection is Low.
Junk Email Options
In these three tabs, users have the ability to add email addresses & domain names to the Safe Sender, Safe Recipients, or Blocked Senders lists.
Safe Senders List
Email addresses and domain names in this list are never treated as junk. All names and addresses in the global address list (GAL) in a Microsoft Exchange Server account are automatically considered safe. It is recommended to leave the “Also trust e-mail from my contacts” un-checked
Safe Recipients List
Add outside mailing lists and distribution lists that you are part of to this list so that they will never be marked as spam.
Blocked Senders List
Once you add an email address or domain to this list, messages from that source are automatically sent to the Junk Email folder.
In your inbox, you can also quickly add an address or full domain to the Blocked Senders List or Allowed Sender List by right-clicking the e-mail message, point to Junk and clicking on Block Sender or Never Block Sender on the shortcut menu.
Other Junk Email Options
- Block Sender: This will quickly add the selected email sender to the blocked senders list.
- Never Block Sender: This will quickly add the selected email sender to the safe senders list.
- Never Block Sender's Domain: This will quickly add the sender's domain to the safe senders list allowing all user from the domain
- Never Block this Group or Mailing List: This will quickly add the group or mailing list you are on to the safe senders list
Junk Email Setting in the Outlook Web App.
- Sign in to Outlook Web App. wildcatmail.jwu.edu
- At the top of the page, select Settings > and then select the following:
- Mail > Accounts > Block or allow
- To add an entry to Safe Senders and Recipients or Blocked Senders, enter the email address or domain that you want to mark as safe or block in the Enter a sender or domain here text box
- Press Enter or select the plus icon next to the text box.
- Once completed click Save at the top of the page to save your changes.