Self Service Password Reset Registration
Self Service Password Reset allows you to reset your password from anywhere & any device. Please follow the steps outlined below to get started.
1. Navigate to the SSPR Registration page: https://sspr.jwu.edu/register
4. Once signed in, you will brought to your account settings page where you can click “Add security info” which will allow you to choose one of the following options for SSPR registration:
Phone (SMS/Text & Voice)
Authenticator App (Mobile App on Smart Phone)
Authenticator App Instructions (https://it.jwu.edu/sspr-registration-authenticator)
Backup option in case you lose access to your primary Phone
Personal Email, Email Verification Instructions (https://it.jwu.edu/sspr-registration-email)
5. We recommend that you choose the Phone option as the primary choice for your security information.
Please do not use “Alternate phone” as the primary choice, this option should only be used as a backup option
Once at least one of these has been registered, you are now registered for SSPR. You may now close the browser or tab.
To learn how to reset your password using SSPR, please visit our JWU SSPR Reset page: https://it.jwu.edu/sspr-reset
For more information on the options listed above please visit the SSPR FAQ’s page - https://it.jwu.edu/sspr-faqs
Self Service Password Reset Instructions
If you have issues logging into JWULink or Wildcat Mail, it could be because either:
Your password isn't working and needs to be reset, or
You know your password, but your account is locked out and you need to unlock it.
To reset your password and get back into your account
1. Navigate to the SSPR Reset portal (https://password.jwu.edu/reset) or in the Enter password screen when logging into Wildcat Mail, select Forgot my password.
2. In the Get back into your account screen, type in your “J” number (Students) or your username (Staff/Faculty) followed by @jwu.edu, and prove you aren't a robot by entering the characters you see on the screen, and then select Next.
3. Choose I forgot my password and click Next
4. Choose one of the following methods and follow the instructions to verify your identity and reset your password. The options available will differ depending on which authentication method(s) you previously registered with during SSPR Registration.
Additionally, your new password will need to meet the following criteria:
Must be a minimum of 8 characters
Must include uppercase letters and lowercase letters
Must include a number and symbol
Cannot include your username
The password cannot be any of your previous 5 passwords
After resetting your password, you will receive a confirmation email from “Microsoft on behalf of Johnson & Wales University”.
If you need additional information on how to reset your password please visit our SSPR Reset Information page here: https://it.jwu.edu/sspr-reset-information
If you still can't access your account, please reach out to the IT Service Desk @ 401-598-4357 or TOLL FREE @ 866-598-4357.