Follow these steps to download Symantec anti-virus software for FREE for both Windows and Mac computers. You are responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the anti-virus software.
- Make sure you do NOT have anti-virus software installed. Only download this software if you do note have any type of anti-virus software.
- While on campus, login to jwuLink.
- Click "Services."
- Below "Technology," select your operating system to download the license agreement.
- Read the release notes.
- Accept the license agreement and begin installing the software.
- Read the installation instructions before you install.
Windows 7 and above are supported by JWU.
As a service to its students, Johnson & Wales University is making the Symantec anti-virus software available. Please note, however, that THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Use of the Symantec software is at the sole risk of the user and in no event will Johnson & Wales University, its employees or agents, be liable for any loss or damage including incidental or consequential damages, that may be suffered or incurred by any user in connection with the use of the Symantec anti-virus software, including, without limitation, any loss of data or interference with files. For Windows 98, ME & XP, Johnson & Wales does not provide support for the anti-virus software; Symantec offers pay-for-support.
Update for Macs
Follow these steps to install the latest application Symantec updates and virus definitions for your Mac computer:
- On your desktop's menu bar, click the Symantec logo.
- Select "LiveUpdate."
- Select "Open LiveUpdate."
- Click "Update Now."
- When LiveUpdate is complete, click "Quit."
Update for Windows
Follow these steps to download and install the latest Symentec virus definitions for Windows:
- On your desktop, right-click the yellow shield at the bottom right.
- Select "Open Symantec Endpoint Protection."
- Click "LiveUpdate." Updates will automatically download and install.
- When the LiveUpdate has completed, click "Close."