Are you a vendor or consultant working with Johnson & Wales University? Follow these steps to install JWU's "Virtual Private Network" (VPN) on your Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer:
1. Download the software:
2. Run the installation executable once downloaded.
3. Follow the prompts to install:
4. After installation is complete open the Pulse Secure client from the Start menu
5. Once the client is open, configure a new connection. Click on the + button in the Connections header.
6. Enter the following information:
7. Click "Connect."
8. Enter JWU credentials when prompted, and click "Connect."
9. Once connected, a green check mark will display in the connection dialog box.
The Disconnect button will be displayed. An icon is also displayed in the Notification Tray to indicate connection status.
Open the application and click "Disconnect."
Follow these steps to install JWU's "Virtual Private Network" (VPN) software on your Macintosh OS X computer:
1. Download the Pulse Secure installer:
2. Open the package file.
3. Click "Continue" and "Install" where prompted.
4. When prompted, enter your Macintosh Administrator-level credentials.
Wait for the software to install.
5. Click "Close" to complete the installation.
6. After successful installation the Pulse Secure icon will be visible in the Menu Bar.
7. Create a New Connection by clicking on the Pulse Secure Icon and selecting Open Pulse Secure.
8. Click the + icon to open the new connection dialog box.
9. Enter this information:
10. Once configured, the JWU VPN ACCESS Contractor connection will display in the Pulse Secure dialog box.
Begin the initial connection by clicking on the Connect button.
11. Enter your JWU username/ password. Click "Connect."
12. Once connected a green checkmark will display next to the connection name.
To Log Out
In the menu bar, click the Junos Pulse icon. Select "Open Junos Pulse." Click "Disconnect." You will see the Junos Pulse icon change back to normal. You are now disconnected.
1. Have you installed the VPN software? If so, continue to the next step.
2. Open the Pulse Secure client from the Start menu.
3. Click Connect.
4. Enter your JWU credentials and click Connect.
5. You will be connected.
A green check mark will be displayed in the connection dialog box. The Disconnect button will be displayed. An icon is also displayed in the Notification Tray to indicate connection status:
1. Open the application. Click Disconnect.
2. When successfully disconnected the green checkmark will disappear and connect button will reappear.
1. If you have already installed the VPN software, open Pulse Connect.
2. Click the icon in the menu bar.
If the Menu Bar icon is not present:
Look for the Pulse application in the Applications folder by clicking Go - Applications from the Finder window:
2. Click Connect.
3. Enter your username / password and click Connect.
5. Your will see a green checkmark.
This means you are connected to JWU VPN. The menu bar icon will also change as well.
To Log Out:
1. In the menu bar, click the Pulse Secure icon and Select Open Pulse Secure.
2. Click Disconnect.
You will see the Pulse Secure icon change back to normal. You are now disconnected.