- On-Campus Calls: Dial the last 4 digits of the phone number.
- Inter-Campus Calls: Dial "9" + "1" + 10-digit campus phone number. (Not available in Denver)
- JWU University Operator: Providence Campus only: Press "0"
- Emergencies: Dial "911." If you accidentally dial 911 stay on the line and explain it to the operator. Do not hang-up. 911 and JWU Safety & Security are required to follow-up on 911 hang-up calls.
- Charlotte - Dial "9" + 10-digit number.
- North Miami - Dial "9" + 10-digit number.
- Denver - Dial "8" + 10-digit number.
- Providence - Dial "9" + 7-digit phone number.
Toll Free Calls
- Charlotte - Dial "9" + "1" + 10-digit number.
- Denver - Dial "8" + "1" + phone number.
- North Miami - Dial "9" + "1" + 10-digit number.
- Providence - Dial "9" + "1" + phone number.
Long distance/International Calls
- Charlotte - Dial "9" + "011" + country code + phone number.
- Denver - Dial “8,” then follow instructions on your prepaid card.
- North Miami - Dial "9" + "011" + country code + phone number.
- Providence - Dial "9" + "011" + country code + phone number.
- During a call, press the "more" soft key and then the "ConFrn" soft key to open a new line
- Dial tone will be played indicating the previous call is now on hold
- Dial the number of the new conference participant
- When the new call connects, press the "Confrn" soft key to add the new participant to the call
Repeat steps 1-4 to add new participants (up to a maximum of four participants including the conference call initiator).
Calls Requiring 4+ Participants
Please use JWU’s Audio Conferencing Service.
Remove a Participant
- During a conference call, press the “more” soft key and then the “ConfList” soft key
- A list of conference participants will be displayed on the phone
- Utilize the arrow keys to highlight the participant to be removed and press the “Remove” soft key
Alternatively a remote participant can simply hang-up to exit the conference.
Forward a Call
- Press the "CFwdAll" soft key.
- When you hear 2 beeps, enter the 4 - digit extension that you want to forward to.
- You will hear one beep and see a display on your screen, showing that your extension is forwarded.
- When you return and want to de-activate call forwarding, press the "CFwdAll" soft key.
- You will hear one beep. Call forwarding is cancelled.
Transfer a Call
- With the caller on your line, press the "Transfer" soft key.
- You will hear a dial tone, indicating the caller is now on hold.
- Dial the 4-digit extension to which you want to transfer the call.
- Tell the person who answers that you are going to transfer a call.
- Press the "Transfer" soft key.
- You will now be on the line with both parties. Hang up.
- The red light at the top of your phone receiver will illuminate and a flashing envelope icon will display next to your extension when you have a voicemail.
- Press the Messages button.
- Enter the temporary PIN provided to you, followed by the # sign.
- Follow the instructions to configure your voicemail. You will be prompted to configure a new PIN, record your name, and record a personal greeting.
Access Voicemail from Off-Campus
- Dial 844-852-1337.
- Enter your 10-digit JWU telephone number.
- Press #
- Enter your pin.
- Press #
Access Voicemail from Another VoIP Phone While On-Campus
- Press the Messages button
- If immediately asked for a pin press * to get to the main menu, otherwise skip to step 3
- Enter your 10-digit JWU telephone number
- Press #
- Enter your pin
- Press #
Voice-messages delivered as emails
Voice-messages can be delivered to your Inbox as emails with a .WAV file attachment. Things to remember about Unified Messaging:
- Message Status: Voice-Message status is reciprocal across voicemail and email. If a messages is marked as read in email or listened to in voicemail then the status (listened to/read) replicates to the other system.
- Voicemail Quota: The voicemail system has a separate storage quota equal to 30 minutes of audio recordings. Marking a voice-message email as read does not delete it from the voicemail system. Deleting a message from Outlook or directly via the phone will delete the message from the voicemail system.
- Voice-message Archiving: Messages can be saved on the voicemail system but count towards the smaller voicemail quota. To archive a voice-message outside of the voicemail system simply move/copy the corresponding voice-message email into a folder other than your Inbox in Outlook/Wildcatmail. It's suggested to create a separate Archived Voicemails folder within Outlook for this purpose.